Many people want to save money and still enjoy the services without costing too much on the pocket. Many times while using media streaming device, people apply the jailbreaking technique which allows them to use the third party applications on the device without any restrictions. It is basically used when you are using the third party application and not the original one to access any content. You can apply this process in Amazon Firestick too. To jailbreak Amazon Firestick, you first need to initiate its set up. All the applications such as HBO, Netflix, Hulu, YouTube need to be paid subscription. If you wish to use it for free, you can apply the technique of jailbreaking.
- Activate the Firestick and connect to an internet connection
- Open the Firestick.
- Move to the settings and proceed to Developer Options
- Enable the process of ADB debugging
- Put a checkmark to install applications from unknown sources
- Move back to the settings
- Choose application
- Switch off the ‘Collect App usage data’
Now install ES file explorer
To view the third party application that you will download, you will be required to install the ES file explorer application in the device. It is completely free and can be downloaded from the Firestick App store directly.
- Open the Amazon app store
- Look for ES file explorer
- Click on download and install
- Launch the application
Next step is to install Kodi
After installing the File explorer, the next step required is to install Kodi in order to finish jailbreaking Amazon Firestick. The steps for the same have been given below
- Open The file explorer menu that you had recently installed
- Search for tools
- Go to Download Manager
- Choose New
- Now a box will appear asking for path and name
- In the path box, type ‘How to jailbreak the fire stick’
- In name, type Kodi Krypton
- Press Enter
- Click on ‘Download Now’
- The Kodi apk file will start to download
- Install it once downloaded.
After this process, you have now successfully jailbroken the Amazon Firestick. You need to open The Kodi application and once you see the home screen, you will be able to see the application being setup and launching for the first time. After applying this process, you could watch the videos and series on the channels for free which requires the paid subscription. However, you must be careful and should take all the pros and cons in the mind before jailbreaking Amazon Firestick. You can also get in touch with Amazon Firestick contact number for further reference.